Photo Firday Challenge: Tiny - Fri Mar 25, 2005 No.513: ::: am:pm :::

Notice how tiny the baby whale on the left is compared with the mother whale?

We went to a blowhole located in the top of West Maui's coast, and unexpectedly spotted a huge whale swimming in the nearby ocean. I quickly swung my camera and zoomed into the faraway whale, only in time to snap a couple of shots.

And, believe it or not, 20 or 30 minutes later we spotted another huge whale in the same ocean again. But this time it went under too quickly for us to take any photo.

When we came back and examined the photos, I found there was actually another tiny whale that we couldn't see from where we were standing, and that it should be accompanied by the big "mother" whale that we spotted.

Looking at the photo, I couldn't stop thinking how lucky we were to spot the whales from afar. Come to think of it, I was damn lucky to capture these two photographs (at that moment I happened to be using my 300mm zoom len)!

So I decided to choose it for this week's Photo Friday "Tiny" challenge to share the precious moment.

Oh... What a fun and exciting island Maui is!
Didn't spend any money to get on a whale-watching boat,
didn't expect to see any whale during our Hawaiian vacation,
and we still saw the whales after all......

  • Canon EOS Digital Rebel 300D; Canon 75-300mm len
  • Total : [ 3 ] Comments

    Anonymous Anonymous said...
    Cool! Must have made an interesting sound. Lots of ways to get "tiny" out of this.
    ...... 4/01/2005 03:28:00 PM
    Blogger fototina said...
    Hi Ted, yeah I imagine it must have... we couldn't hear it from that distance though :)
    ...... 4/05/2005 09:49:00 AM
    Anonymous Anonymous said...
    Nice shot!
    ...... 4/15/2005 07:28:00 AM

    Post a Comment ... || Thank you for the comment :)

    << Home

    Today: || Yesterday: || Total since 09/2004:
    Photoblogs.org My Profile Subscribe with Bloglines Powered by Blogger